Nexford University is looking for a Senior SEO Executive to join our team and lead organic search marketing. This is an exciting role to apply a combination of innovative, creative and data-led strategies with a next-generation online university.
If you’re an expert in on-site, off-site and technical SEO, please read on. You will need in-depth knowledge of all aspects to succeed in this role. Reporting to the Performance Marketing Manager, you will get the opportunity to work with team members across the world, work in a culture that welcomes and encourages collaboration as well feedback, work remotely, and be measured based on performance.
- Create on-site, off-site and technical SEO plans to meet agreed KPIs
- Implement on-site and technical changes to Nexford’s websites as required
- Carry out keyword research to identify the most effective topics for Nexford to target
- Provide briefs and guidelines to the Content Marketing team in line with target keywords
- Liaise with external agencies for linkbuilding campaigns
- Proactively define SEO best practice and ensure it is applied to all Nexford’s web content
- Produce detailed technical SEO reports, using third party tools such as Screaming Frog, Ahrefs or SEMRush
- Use a variety of analytical tools to assess competitor activity and spot opportunities for growth
- Regularly monitor performance and provide monthly reports
- Proactively seek training to stay up to date with developments, algorithm updates and process changes.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1 – 3 years + experience in an SEO role
- Deep understanding of search marketing and the factors that influence organic search performance
- Ability to conduct research and create detailed SEO plans
- Record of applying this knowledge to achieve results
- Experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Surfer SEO
- Detailed understanding of linkbuilding, as well as the role it plays in SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google and Bing Search Console and SEO performance measurement using these tools
- Detailed understanding of technical SEO best practice including HTML meta tags, URL structure, schema.org markup for desktop and mobile search
- Passion for digital and a comprehensive understanding of how different tactics work together
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong excel and word experience
- Confident communication skills
Additional desirable skills
- Basic knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of robots control and site indexing principles including robots.txt, meta robots tags, canonical tag, XML sitemaps
- Up-to-date knowledge of key search algorithms and Google best practice guidelines
- Appreciation of UX best practice principles and how these should align with SEO recommendations
Life at Nexford University
- Become part of a team that shares a vision to enable greater social and economic mobility through high quality, affordable education around the world.
- Fully remote working: enjoy the flexibility to work anywhere you like and the freedom to manage your own time while meeting role objectives
- Generous vacation days for all employees globally
- 12 days for your own professional development
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning from the 1st day of employment
- 50% off all tuition fees for you and your family
About Nexford University
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors support learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.
For more information, visit www.nexford.org